Melissa N. Madsen has extensive experience in commercial and business litigation, appellate litigation and product liability. Before joining Shook, Melissa served as a senior law clerk at two Florida District Courts of Appeal.
She also worked as an associate attorney at a boutique appellate law firm in Tampa, Florida, where she practiced appeals and provided civil litigation support in a variety of cases including tort claims, medical malpractice, product liability, insurance disputes and professional liability.
Melissa received her law degree from Stetson University College of Law, where she served as an editor on the Stetson Law Review.
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 2008
- Stetson Law Review, Articles & Symposia Editor; Outstanding Editor Award
- Judicial Intern to the Hon. Craig Villanti, Florida Second District Court of Appeal
- Federal Judicial Intern to the Hon. James Whittemore, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- B.S., B.A., magna cum laude, Florida State University, 2004 (Criminology, English Literature)
- FSU Service Scholar
- Bob E. Leach Award for outstanding leadership and character
- The Florida Bar
- Appellate Practice Section
- Appellate Court Rules Committee
- Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy, Class V Fellow
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Miami-Dade Chapter
- Leadership Committee Co-Chair
- The Hon. Thomas Logue, Florida Third District Court of Appeal
- The Hon. Marva L. Crenshaw, Florida Second District Court of Appeal
Rate : $$$$