Melissa L. Mandel concentrates her practice in the areas of complex commercial litigation, real estate litigation, and financial services litigation. Melissa is experienced in representing clients in state and federal trial and appellate courts as well as in a variety of arbitration forums handling a broad array of business litigation matters. These matters include complex contract disputes, real property litigation, business torts, and banking related litigation.
Throughout undergraduate and law school, Melissa was an active competitor on Trial Team and The Florida Moot Court Team where she won numerous awards for her oral advocacy and writing skills as well as book awards for Best Oral Argument and Best Appellate Brief in Appellate Advocacy.
- Representation of several large lending and mortgage servicing institutions in consumer financial services litigation, including large complex cases involving mortgaged-backed securities and debt collection disputes.
- Representation of large banking institution as escalation counsel handling a variety of issues concerning mortgage servicing litigation and other high exposure issues.
- Representation of several sophisticated clients in a variety of real property litigation matters including commercial foreclosures, complex lease disputes, eviction and other landlord-tenant matters, quiet title actions, land use, imminent domain, and easement disputes.
- Counsels sophisticated clients concerning litigation avoidance and contract interpretation and drafting concerns.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, JD, Moot Court Executive Board, 2006
- University of North Florida, BA, Political Science, Psychology, Dean’s List, Trial Team, with Honors, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Rate : $$$