Melissa A. Munson practices in the areas of business and energy and natural resources law. Her practice focuses on energy transactions, including those involving oil and gas exploration and production and upstream and midstream asset acquisitions and dispositions.
Melissa’s transactional experience includes advising clients in connection with the formation of joint ventures and joint development projects, general corporate matters including entity formation and corporate formalities, and other commercial transactions. She also has experience conducting due diligence on energy assets and corporate entities.
- Domestic exploration and production company in its divestiture of a non-operated working interest in Pennsylvania
- Appalachian company in its divestiture of all shallow gas assets in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, New York, and Virginia
- Domestic exploration and production company in its $1 billion+ acquisition of Utica Shale oil and gas properties in Ohio
- Newly formed oil and gas company in its acquisition of producing upstream assets and midstream pipeline assets in Pennsylvania
- Oilfield services company in connection with a joint development of deep injection disposal wells in Texas
- Oilfield services company in connection with the acquisition of properties for salt water disposal well sites in West Texas
- Start-up exploration and production company’s acquisition of 42,000 net acres of Marcellus Shale in north central Pennsylvania
- Private equity portfolio company’s acquisition of 20,000 net acres in southeastern Ohio
- J.D. University of Houston
- B.A. University of Texas at Austin
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
Rate : $$$$