Melissa VanSickle is a Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Lawyer. She represents buyers and sellers in all aspects of the sale and acquisition of commercial property and represents developers in commercial and residential projects.
She also provides general counsel services to her clients and regularly represents financial institutions for the drafting and closing of all types of real estate related loans. She is an adjunct professor at The Florida State University College of Law where she teaches Real Estate – Beyond the Fundamentals.
She was elected as a representative for the Second Judicial Circuit on The Florida Bar Board of Governors in 2016 and is a member of the Executive Council of the Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar.
Ms. VanSickle is also the chair of the Second Judicial Circuit Professionalism Panel and a member of the Leadership Tallahassee Board of Governors where she serves as the Chair-Elect. She was the president of the Tallahassee Bar Association in 2013-2014.
- Florida State University College of Law, JD (2002)
- Florida State University, BS, Biological Science (1998)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Representation of publicly traded real estate developer with multi-use developments, including drafting covenants and restrictions, easements, and development agreements; negotiating purchase and sale agreements; and reviewing title and plats
- Regular representation of real estate and development company in acquiring and leasing a large portfolio of office and retail properties
- Representation in negotiation of lease agreements including shopping centers, office buildings, industrial centers, and long term ground leases for developer, lender, and tenant clients
- Chair-Elect, Board of Governors of Leadership Tallahassee
- Executive Committee and Elected Second Judicial Circuit Representative, The Florida Bar Board of Governors
- Executive Council Member, The Florida Bar Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Treasurer, William H. Stafford American Inn of Court
- Volunteer, Justice Teaching
- Volunteer, Last Hope Rescue
Rate : $$$