Melissa Phillips Reading focuses her practice on defending companies and individuals in civil tort litigation, primarily medical malpractice, product liability, and general personal injury defense. Ms. Reading has defended her clients against a broad range of claims including professional and simple negligence, fraud, battery, and strict liability.
Ms. Reading has represented healthcare providers and Fortune 500 corporations from pre-suit investigation through appeal, as well as assisting clients in interactions with the civil legal system where they are not directly sued, such as navigating through depositions, responding to subpoenas, requests for records, and government investigations.
She is an experienced litigator, regularly appearing in hearings and depositions, and second-chairing several jury trials in wrongful death and injury cases.
- Emory University, J.D., 2004
- Vanderbilt University, B.A. in History and Economics, 2001
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court – Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court – Northern District of Georgia
Professional or Trade Affiliations/Memberships:
- Atlanta Bar Association
- DeKalb County Bar Association
- CLM Claims Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- Eagle International Associates
Rate : $$$$