Melissa Vasquez is an Associate in Fragomen’s Los Angeles office. Melissa provides counsel in all areas of corporate immigration, focusing primarily on EB-1 employment-based immigrant visas and permanent residence applications.
Prior to joining Fragomen, Melissa was an attorney with a California-based law firm, where her practice focused primarily on family-based immigration matters and removal defense.
Prior to this, Melissa served as a law clerk with Fragomen in Los Angeles where she assisted with all major employment-based immigrant and nonimmigrant visa categories. While in law school, Melissa worked with the Joseph A. Vail Center for Immigrant Rights.
Melissa speaks Spanish and English.
- Represented clients before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS); Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR); Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA); and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Prepared applications for a variety of immigrant and nonimmigrant matters.
- Prepared responses to requests for evidence.
- Prepared applications and represented individuals seeking naturalization, asylum, cancellation of removal and U-Visas.
- Represented clients in court at master calendar and individual hearings.
- Southwestern Law School | J.D., 2014, cum laude
- Grinnell College | B.A., 2012
Bar Admissions: California
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Latina Lawyers Bar Association
- Member, Mexican American Bar Association
Rate : $$$