Meredith A. Freeman is a partner in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group. Meredith is Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar and practices primarily in the areas of construction and business litigation.
Meredith has experience in handling a variety of construction related matters, including claims against design professionals, construction defects claims, and delay claims. Meredith is also experienced in drafting and negotiating construction contracts.
In her business litigation practice, Meredith is experienced in handling complex civil litigation matters in state and federal courts, including contract disputes, real estate disputes, and other general business litigation matters. She has represented clients in cases spanning a wide range of industries, including insurance, real estate, construction, accounting, and banking.
Meredith is a member of the Construction Law Committee of the Real Property & Probate Law Section of the Florida Bar. She currently serves on the Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee, which is a Florida Bar Standing Committee. Meredith is also a member of the 2016 Leadership Tampa Class.
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ACTIVITIES:
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Chapter
- Board Member, 2014-2016
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Leadership Academy, Fellow, 2014-2015
- Tampa Connection 2010 Graduate
- The Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Tampa Class of 2017
- Stetson University, J.D., cum laude, 2004
- Trial Team
- Concentration in Trial Advocacy
- Columbus State University, B.S., cum laude, 2000
Rate : $$$