Meredith L. Boylan has significant experience as a trial-level attorney who successfully represents corporate and individual clients in investigations and related litigation by federal and state regulatory agencies. She also regularly represents government contractors in complex prime-subcontractor disputes before international arbitral tribunals.
Meredith has an active appellate practice and has presented appellate oral arguments before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals; the District of Columbia Court of Appeals; the New York Court of Appeals (New York State’s highest court); and the Appellate Division, First Department (New York State’s intermediate appellate court for Manhattan and the Bronx).
Meredith was previously an assistant district attorney in the Manhattan District Attorney’s office, where she prosecuted appeals involving complex and novel legal issues. She has also represented pro bono clients in matters involving immigration, special education, and veterans’ claims.
- Representing non-bank financial services providers in confidential federal regulatory agency and state attorney general investigations
- Member of team advising independent monitor appointed to oversee global bank’s implementation of multi-billion-dollar consumer relief obligation under DOJ RMBS settlement
- Defending former bank officers and directors in multiple matters investigated and prosecuted by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Representing coal producer in breach of contract disputes involving coal pricing before the ICDR and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Defending a large social welfare organization against class action lawsuits filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Assisting associations in responding to third-party subpoenas and defending against actions in both federal and state courts
- J.D. cum laude Seton Hall University School of Law 2001
- B.A. cum laude with departmental honors Colgate University 1998
Bar Admissions :
- District of Columbia
- New York
- New Jersey
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
Rate : $$$