Meredith E. Broudy concentrates on taxation, especially as it relates to regulated utilities and other energy companies. She advises clients on a wide range of federal and state tax matters, including issues related to partnerships, limited liability companies and corporations.
Meredith represents utilities, tax equity investors and sponsors in partnership flip transactions, sale-leasebacks of renewable energy assets and other project finance work. Her work involves assisting in the drafting and negotiation of all major transaction documents with respect to tax equity transactions, including tax opinions.
In her pro bono work, Meredith assists low-income cancer patients, veterans and others with the preparation of wills, financial powers of attorney and nominations of guardians for minor children.
Representative Matters :
- Represented an investor in connection with a partnership flip for a 150MW Texas solar project.
- Represented a sponsor in connection with a partnership flip for a 150MW Texas wind project.
- Represented an investor in connection with a partnership flip for a series of North Carolina solar projects.
- Represented an investor in connection with the sale-leaseback of a portfolio of California solar projects.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association, 2016-present
- Member, Troutman Sanders Atlanta Pro Bono Committee, 2017-present
- Member, Board of Directors, FIDF Atlanta, 2016-present
- Member, Young Leadership Executive Committee, FIDF Atlanta, 2016-present
- Member, Georgia Bar Association, 2015-present
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, LL.M. (Taxation), 2016
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., 2015
- University of Georgia, B.A., cum laude, 2012
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
Rate : $$$