Meredith N. Garagiola is a talented litigator specializing in white collar criminal defense and corporate investigations. Meredith’s practice extends to criminal and civil litigation in federal and state courts, internal investigations, and international anti-corruption compliance counseling.
Meredith also represents employers in labor arbitrations, negotiations, and litigation under the Railway Labor Act. Outside of her practice, Meredith is actively involved in O’Melveny’s pro bono program.
Meredith serves as a member of O’Melveny’s Firmwide Associate and Counsel Advisory Committee, as well as co-chair of the DC Women’s Affinity Group.
- Represents corporate healthcare clients in connection with federal False Claims Act litigation
- Represents two airline executives with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Department of Justice in Chile
- Represented former executives of large multinational corporations with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Department of Justice in China, Mexico, and Argentina
- Directed an internal FCPA compliance audit for a multi-national pharmaceutical corporation.
- Represents an individual corporate executive in connection with a high-profile fraud investigation
- Successfully represented several airlines in arbitrations regarding interpretation of collective bargaining agreements
- Successfully represented an airline in an action brought by a former employee seeking travel privileges, and won 12(b)(6) motion to dismiss
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a Fortune 100 company in response to a subpoena and investigation by the Federal Housing and Finance Agency and the Department of Justice
- District of Columbia
- Georgetown University, J.D.; Editor-in-Chief, American Criminal Law Review
- University of North Carolina, M.A., Political Science
- Yale University, B.A., History/Spanish
- DC Associates & Counsel Advisory Committee
- DC Camaraderie Committee
Rate : $$$