Meredith A. Lahaie advises on complex restructuring cases of all sizes, both in and out of court. She represents clients from a wide variety of industries, including energy and energy services, shipping, entertainment, and retail. Meredith is regarded as one of the industry’s leading young restructuring lawyers.After receiving her degree, Meredith clerked for the Honorable Adlai S. Hardin, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, from 2005 to 2006.
- Advises on restructurings across a broad range of industries.
- Represents debtors, creditors, bondholders, debtor-in-possession (DIP) lenders and acquirers of businesses and assets in large, complex Chapter 11 cases and out-of-court restructurings.
- Served as counsel to informal groups in the restructurings of Rex Energy Corporation (informal second lien noteholders), Outcome Health/Context Media, Stone Energy Corporation (senior noteholders) and Horsehead Holdings Corp. (prepetition secured noteholders and DIP lenders).
- Represented the independent governance committee of the board of NRG Rema.
- Advised Lantern Asset Management in connection with its purchase of substantially all of the assets of The Weinstein Company.
- Represented Rand Logistics Inc., a leading provider of bulk-freight shipping services throughout the Great Lakes region, in its Chapter 11 proceeding (informal secured lender group).
- Advised the Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors in the Chapter 11 cases of Cumulus Media, Vanguard Natural Resources and Quiksilver, Inc.
- J.D., University of Connecticut School of Law, 2005
- B.A., Tufts University, magna cum laude, 2002
- U.S.B.C., Southern District of New York
- New York
Rate : $$$