Meredith M. Leary is a seasoned litigator with extensive project management and case management experience. Her clients value her unique approach to overcoming challenges with equal parts strategic vision and precision in execution.
Meredith specializes in complex commercial problem solving and risk assessment and mitigation, in the litigation and arbitration contexts.
She is particularly focused on contract disputes and interpretation, with extensive experience in the life sciences, software, and manufacturing industries. She is an active member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Working Group and the Life Sciences Working Group.
- Leading a public life sciences company Audit Committee investigation into improper revenue recognition activities.
- Obtained an award of summary judgment and the recovery of a significant award of attorneys’ fees and expert costs on behalf of several medical and dental technology private equity portfolio companies in a complex contract dispute involving patent and FDA 510(k) regulatory matters.
- Representing a public sector client in an investigation and subsequent vendor dispute regarding a failed health care information technology project implantation.
- Led a “bet the company” arbitration on behalf of a publicly owned in vitro diagnostic manufacturer, and obtained a successful settlement of an arbitration based on claims that the manufacturer’s licensee had failed to develop and commercialize the manufacturer’s microRNA-based products, as required by the parties’ licensing agreement.
- Represented a privately owned in vitro diagnostic manufacturer and its publicly owned parent in the favorable settlement of a federal court dispute with one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies over the right to distribute a companion diagnostic kit for use in the oncology market.
- Represented a Ghanaian family pro bono and successfully obtained more than $1.85 million from the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund.
- In a first-of-its-kind privacy class action lawsuit brought in New York seeking $100 million in damages, won a trial verdict dismissing all claims against a Fortune 100 company.
- Represented a publicly owned biotechnology company in an arbitration over a multibillion-dollar drug development collaboration. The arbitration resulted in a victory which confirmed the client’s right to co-develop one of the world’s largest-selling cancer drugs.
- Represented a private equity company and its principals in a highly contested derivative litigation in the Chancery Court of Delaware alleging breach of fiduciary duty claims by majority shareholders and management of the company.
- Representing the world’s largest stock transfer company in federal court litigation regarding contract and securities law claims.
- Boston College (JD)
- Bowdoin College (BA)
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$