Merris A. Washington offers years of experience successfully representing clients in the defense of personal injury claims, wrongful death matters, medical malpractice actions, insurance coverage disputes, premises liability matters, construction defect matters and construction site injury actions.
Merris has tried cases to verdict but also appreciates and understands that trial is not always the best solution. Merris personalizes her representation on each particular client’s needs while remaining focused on achieving the best outcome in the most cost-efficient manner pursuant to litigation guidelines.
- Represented hospitals against claims by patients and visitors in matters involving personal injury arising out of premises liability and care provided
- Represented insureds of multiple national auto insurance carriers on third party claims related to personal injury litigation, wrongful death and property damage claims
- Represented multiple national auto insurance carriers on first party claims related to coverage disputes and bad faith
- Defended well servicing companies and insurance carriers in cases involving personal injury and contract claims
- Prepared and argued numerous dispositive motions resulting in judgment for or dismissal of actions against clients on a variety of claims
- Represented fixed route bus service companies against personal injury claims
- Represented national ambulance service on a variety of claims arising out of service and transport
- J.D. Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- B.A. San Diego State University
- American Bar Association
- The Woodlands Bar Association
Rate : $$$$