Mery Pimentel is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Intellectual Property Practice Group in Dallas. Mery specializes in the management and enforcement of global trademark portfolios for clients in a variety of industries. She is routinely called upon to advise on various trademark issues in the context of domestic and cross-border corporate transactions.
Mery focuses on global trademark portfolios and brand management services, including the selection and clearance of trademarks, trademark prosecution, licensing, opposition and cancellation proceedings, and enforcement and litigation. Mery’s litigation experience includes drafting complaints and answers to complaints, answering and serving discovery requests, and assisting with depositions.
Mery’s practice further focuses on addressing issues in the context of corporate transactions involving intellectual property, including analyzing, negotiating, and preparing intellectual property-related provisions and agreements, conducting due diligence, and assisting with post-closing implementation and integration.
- Northeastern University School of Law (JD) (2014)
- Manhattan College (BA Government and Urban Affairs magna cum laude) (2010)
- New York~United States (2015)
- New Jersey~United States (2014)
- Texas~United States (2016)
- Obtained trademark registrations for a non-profit Dallas-based organization focused on providing free respite care to children with special needs and drafting an education chapter of a published handbook for the homeless youth in Texas.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- International Trademark Association (INTA) – Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition, Member
- Dallas Bar Association IP Section – Young Lawyers Committee, Member
Representative Legal Matters:
- Counseled a Fortune 50 technology company that specializes in Internet-related products and services on the selection and clearance of trademarks worldwide.
- Assisted a global multibillion dollar company with identifying gaps in trademark coverage worldwide and coordinating new filings in over 30 jurisdictions.
- Assisted a digital technology company in its acquisition of a leading genetics diagnostics company – valued at USD 1 billion. Analyzed and drafted intellectual property-related provisions and agreements, including Representations & Warranties and Disclosure Schedules.
- Assisted multiple companies with post-closing trademark issues, including recordal of assignments, license agreements, entity conversion and merger documentation, and releases of security interests both domestically and globally.
- Represented a major footwear company and its parent holding company in a dispute with a former holdover franchisee after the former franchisee continued to operate and use the franchisor’s marks.
Rate : $$$