Ms. Meryl E. Wiener advises financial institutions, investment managers and hedge funds on a broad range of corporate, regulatory, compliance, securities, registration, inspection, organizational, activist and structural matters.
She focuses on the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and represents clients in connection with regulatory examinations and enforcement proceedings. Ms. Wiener has registered broker-dealers with NASD (FINRA) and prepared offering documents for hedge funds and registered investment funds.
She appears in court and before the SEC, NYSE and NASD (FINRA) in connection with client investigations, and also handles arbitration and mediations defending broker dealers.
Early in her career, Ms. Wiener spent four years as trial counsel for the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in its Division of Market Regulation, where she investigated and prosecuted enforcement actions under the federal securities laws.
In addition, Ms. Wiener has experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in employment related matters.
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- The American Bar Association (Business Law Section)
- The Association of SEC Alumni
- Fellows of the American Bar Foundation
- 100 Women in Finance
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, Partner
- Goodwin Procter LLP, Of Counsel
- University of Southern California, B.A.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D.
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$