Mette H. Kurth represents clients facing complex, financially distressed situations and bankruptcy issues, and is a certified mediator for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware.
Named one of the leading bankruptcy and restructuring attorneys in California and Delaware by Chambers USA, Mette has a reputation for providing unwavering and dogged representation in sophisticated workouts, restructurings, distressed M&A transactions and bankruptcy matters to help ensure her clients attain the best possible outcome.
Clients hailing from a range of industries – retail, restaurant, hospitality, agriculture, fitness, financial services, health care, real estate, and media and entertainment – praise Mette’s skill in the insolvency world, referring to her as “a pit bull in heels” and a “rock-hard…negotiator.” Others note Mette is :
- “Professional, articulate and one of the brightest bankruptcy attorneys I know.”
- “An extremely skilled bankruptcy attorney who has the ideal balance of being technically skilled and practically balanced, always with one eye on delivering value to her clients.”
- “Particularly effective and rare as an attorney due to her experience and people skills in navigating tricky distressed investing deals.”
Utilizing her razor-sharp business acumen and a practical approach to her clients’ financial challenges, Mette represents debtors, creditors, investors, creditor committees and other parties in all areas of reorganization, distressed sales and acquisitions, liquidations and bankruptcy-related litigation.
With a high degree of emotional intelligence, Mette also possesses a keen ability to adeptly and effectively manage the most challenging people and situations that often arise in bankruptcy. With this trait, she has gained a reputation for successfully and smoothly handling confrontational negotiations in her client representations.
Mette has practiced at various pre-eminent bankruptcy boutiques and national law firms before joining Fox Rothschild. Before practicing law, Mette was a Bank Liquidation Specialist with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
Mette has been deeply involved with the national Turnaround Management Association, serving previously on its Executive Committee and as Vice President of Conferences as well as Vice President of Communications and a member of its Board of Directors.
Dedicated to community service, Mette has been actively involved in numerous community efforts. She assisted the Jubilee Campaign in raising funds through its Education After Escape campaign to assist the Nigerian schoolgirls who escaped from their Boko Haram kidnappers in seeking refuge in the United States, where they have obtained scholarships to continue their education in safety.
- University of California, Los Angeles (J.D., 1996)
- Trinity University (B.A., cum laude, 1990)
- Turnaround Management Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Delaware
BAR ADMISSIONS : Delaware, California.
Rate : $$$