Meyer H. Fedida’s practice focuses on U.S. federal tax matters, with a particular emphasis on complex M&A transactions and joint ventures, private equity fund formation, and cross-border tax planning.
Meyer joined the firm in 2003 and became partner in 2015. He was previously resident in the London office.
- General Motors Corp. in the sale of its Opel/Vauxhall subsidiaries and European financial operations to PSA Group.
- Kindred Healthcare in its $4.1 billion sale to a consortium comprising TPG, Welsh Carson Anderson & Stowe, and Humana, and in its $1.8 billion acquisition of Gentiva Health Services.
- Donatella Versace, GiVi Holding, and Jonathan Akeroyd in the $2.13 billion sale of Versace to Michael Kors.
Private Equity M&A
- TPG (and its portfolio companies) in connection with various transactions including:
- RCN Telecom Services in its $2.36 billion acquisition of Wave Broadband;
- Cushman & Wakefield in its IPO and pre-IPO restructuring and previously DTZ in the $2 billion acquisition of Cushman & Wakefield, and TPG, PAG, and OTPP in the $1.2 billion acquisition of DTZ from UGL and of Cassidy Turley;
Private Equity Fund Formation
- TPG in connection with the formation and operation of private equity, social impact, and other specialty funds, including TPG Partners VIII, TPG Growth IV, The Rise Fund, and TPG Asia VII.
- Blackstone Alternative Asset Management and The Carlyle Group in connection with various investment fund projects.
- Member, Tax Section Executive Committee, New York State Bar Association
- Member, New York Private Investment Funds Tax Forum
- Harvard Law School, LL.M., 2003
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem, LL.B. And B.A., 2002
- Université de Paris III – Sorbonne-Nouvelle, B.A., 2001
- New York
Rate : $$$$