Mia N. Gonzalez is a skilled litigator specializing in white collar criminal defense and corporate investigations. She has considerable experience representing individuals and companies in corporate internal investigations and criminal and regulatory matters, including investigations by the US Attorney’s Office, the New York Attorney General, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and various self-regulatory organizations. In addition, she has represented clients in civil litigations.
Mia’s illustrative professional experience includes the following:
- Representing a major financial institution in connection with various matters related to auction rate securities
- Representing several major financial institutions in connection with lawsuits alleging market manipulation
- Representing a leading personal computer and software designer and manufacturer in an antitrust lawsuit alleging price fixing brought by the DOJ, state attorneys general, and private plaintiffs
- Representing a major airline in antitrust litigation challenging a proposed merger
In addition to her work at O’Melveny, Mia also maintains an active pro bono practice, representing a wide range of clients in both criminal and civil matters in state and federal court, before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, and before the United Nations High Commission on Human Rights.
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Columbia University, J.D.: Notes and Submissions Editor, Columbia Human Rights Law Review; Foundation Moot Court Editor and Judge
- Columbia University, L.S.M.A., Human Rights
- Yale University, B.A., History
Rate : $$$$