Micah Hensley advises clients on the protection, licensing and enforcement of intellectual property matters. Conscious of the specific needs and business objectives of each client, Micah is particularly adept in patent and design patent matters.
Micah helps clients of all types and sizes – including multinational corporations, startups and first-time inventors – protect their intellectual property assets. His practice spans a variety of technological fields and includes the prosecution of utility and design patents, patent litigation, and strategic patent portfolio management.
Micah also counsels clients on a variety of matters, including freedom to operate, patentability, patent validity and licensing.
While attending the Chicago-Kent College of Law, Micah pursued coursework in its Intellectual Property Law Program, served as Editor-in-Chief of the Chicago-Kent Journal of Intellectual Property, and was a pupil member of The Richard Linn American Inn of Court.
During his undergraduate studies, Micah worked as a co-op engineer, assessing the energy utilization of manufacturing facilities throughout the Southeast United States and advising on energy optimization strategies.
Representative Matters :
- Advising a consumer goods manufacturer on strategic patent portfolio management and the enforcement of its patents.
- Assisting a financial services provider in growing its patent portfolio.
- Representing an electric utility in the protection of its inventions.
- Representing a sporting goods company in the protection of its products.
Professional and Community Involvement : Georgia Tech Young Alumni Council, Alumni Engagement Tool Chair (2018)
Professional Experience :
- Summer Associate, Office of Intellectual Property Counsel, 3M, 2015
- Extern to the Honorable Joan Humphrey Lefkow of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2015
- Product and Process Improvement Engineer, Milliken & Co., 2011-2013
- Co-op Engineer, Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute, 2007-2008
- Chicago Kent College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2016
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., 2010, Mechanical Engineering
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia, Illinois, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Georgia Superior Courts
- Supreme Court of Illinois
Rate : $$$