Micah J. King advocates for clients with local government, real estate and construction needs, with an emphasis on land use and real estate development, as well as governmental affairs. His work includes zoning, permitting, land use planning, the development approval process, and representation before city councils, boards, commissions and other governmental bodies.
Before joining Husch Blackwell, Micah served as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Austin and clerked for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Western District of Texas, Austin Division. Prior to practicing law, Micah helped lead communications and development for a prominent Austin nonprofit organization.
- Counseled numerous elected officials on land use, real estate and budgetary concerns.
- Advised on $30 million Water Control Improvement District project.
- Drafted numerous pieces of legislation that are now law.
Community Leadership :
- Anti-Defamation League, Glass Leadership Institute, 2017
- The Hill Country Conservancy’s Emerging Professionals in Conservation
- Expert witness for Cameroonian nationals seeking asylum
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- B.A., Washington University
- Texas Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- American Bar Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin LGBT Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas Sections: Construction Law; Government Law; Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law; and Legislative and Campaign Law
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$