Micah E. Skidmore represents policyholders in significant insurance coverage disputes involving a variety of claims from commercial general liability, directors and officers liability, employment practices liability, and errors and omissions liability to first-party property claims, trade credit, and crime and fidelity claims.
In addition to representing clients in general business litigation matters, Micah also regularly advises clients on the insurance implications of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions; consults with brokers and policyholders in negotiations involving underwriting of directors and officers liability insurance policies and other sophisticated insurance products, including trade credit insurance; and counsels plaintiffs and policyholders in complex litigation on how to maximize insurance recovery for defense costs, settlements and judgments.
- J.D., Brigham Young University, 2004, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif
- B.S., Economics, Brigham Young University, 2001
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2004
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES :
- Risk Management Society (2012)
- Dallas Association of Insurance Professionals (2012)
- Tort and Insurance Practice Section, Dallas Bar Association; Vice-Chair, Programs (2012); Treasurer (2011); Board Member (2009-2010)
- Insurance Law Council, Texas State Bar (2010-Current)
- Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court (2011-2012)
Rate : $$$