Michael Duffy is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Chicago and New York offices. He has significant in-court experience and has tried proceedings (jury trials, arbitrations and others) through to final resolution. He has represented a broad selection of clients in various fields ranging from manufacturers, private equity firms, auditors, and oil and gas companies.
Prior to joining the Firm, Michael clerked for Chief Judge Joel M. Flaum of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, and was a partner in the Chicago office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP.
Michael focuses his practice on litigation and arbitration. He has represented prominent private equity firms and their affiliated companies in a host of disputes, top-tier auditing firms in malpractice claims, oil and gas firms in an array of claims, manufacturers in franchise and other litigation.
Michael has also advised large public companies in securities, ERISA, and consumer class actions, and directors, officers, and boards of directors of public companies in connection with litigation and governmental investigations against them. Michael is fluent in Spanish and frequently represents Latin American and Spanish clients in domestic and international disputes.
- Northwestern University School of Law (JD) (2000)
- Boston College (AB summa cum laude) (1996)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit~United States (2015)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit~United States (2015)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit~United States (2014)
- New York~United States (2014)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States (2008)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit~United States (2006)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan~United States (2005)
Professional Honors : Named Illinois Super Lawyer, 2013 – 2018
Rate : $$$