Michael Geibelson is member of Robins Kaplan LLP. Solves complex business disputes through litigation and trial. Michael Geibelson was the Chair of the California State Bar’s Litigation Section Executive Committee (2011-2012).
Business Trial Lawyer experienced in the prosecution and defense of claims of misappropriation of trade secrets, business and consumer fraud and breaches of contract including real estate disputes involving leases, development and investment agreements, and joint ventures, unfair competition and false advertising, and antitrust, including individual and class claims under California’s Unfair Competition Law (UCL) and False Advertising Law (FAL) (Business & Professions Code §§ 17200 and 17500).
His commercial litigation has included the representation of companies in the Retail, Real Estate, and Food & Beverage industries in key industry issues including the protection of trade secrets, advertising, labeling, and interests in real property.
In addition to the handling of business litigation matters, his trial experience ranges widely, from the representation of cattle ranchers in fraud and veterinary malpractice matters, to building owners seeking to remedy welding product defects, to ship owners sued for trespass resulting from the grounding of their vessel, to organizations suing upon violations of the Clean Water Act and Endangered Species Act.
Law Clerk to the Honorable Paul Boland and the Honorable Alexander Williams, III, Los Angeles Superior Court.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D. (1995)
- University of California-Berkeley, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Institute for Corporate Counsel of the USC School of Law and Los Angeles County Bar Association Corporate Law Department Section, Advisory Board (2010-2012)
- California State Bar Litigation Section — Chair, Executive Committee (2011-2012); Vice-Chair (2010-2011); Treasurer (2009-2010); Secretary (2008-2009); Member (2006-present); California Litigation Review, Editor
- Los Angeles Lawyer (A Monthly Publication of the Los Angeles County Bar Association): Editorial Board, Chair (2010-2011), Articles Coordinator (2009-2010), Member (2003-present)
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Rate : $$$$