Michael Anthony Vercher is a partner and the chair of Christian & Small’s Insurance and Financial Services Practice Group. Since 1999, he has represented insurance companies and their insureds in litigation.
Mike has successfully represented businesses in complex mass tort, workplace exposure, construction, transportation, product liability, premises liability, breach of contract and fraud litigation. He has tried cases as lead counsel in six different Alabama counties and in oral arguments before a full panel of the Alabama Supreme Court.
Mike is a frequent speaker at seminars – most recently presenting on the use in litigation of personal data collected by cutting-edge technology.
- University of Alabama, 1996, B.A. cum laude (Jasons Senior Honor Society)
- University of Alabama School of Law, 1999, J.D. cum laude (Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society)
- Represents an engineering firm in a case involving an electrocution.
- Represents an electrical component manufacturer in a products liability case.
- Represents a commercial construction company in a personal injury case involving serious injuries.
- Represented an Alabama company forced out of business by the predatory annexation and zoning of property by a city in a jury trial in Huntsville, Alabama. The trial received significant statewide media attention.
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT:
- American Bar Association House of Delegates: Alabama State Bar Delegate to the entity charged with the control and administration of one of the world’s largest professional organizations.
- Alabama State Bar 2014 Leadership Forum
- Christian & Small LLP: Member, Executive Committee, 2009 – 2012
- Birmingham Bar Association: Executive Committee, Young Lawyers Section, 2001-2007
Rate : $$$