Pillsbury Environmental & Natural Resources and Energy retired partner Michael R. Barr devises innovative solutions to complex commercial and regulatory challenges that emerging growth and well-established companies face.
Mike has extensive experience counseling clients in the transportation, communications, computer, chemical, food products, energy, mining and manufacturing industries.
Practicing throughout California, the U.S. and the Western Hemisphere, he advises public and privately held companies, associations and trade groups on a wide variety of emerging issues and first-impression matters, such as climate change, energy development and product innovation. Best Lawyers has twice named Mike as “Lawyer of the Year” in Environmental Law.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Negotiated the groundbreaking South Coast Memorandum of Mutual Understanding for the Association of American Railroads, which set an innovative and effective fleet average emissions limit for freight locomotives until 2030.
- Led the Chevron team that achieved the landmark U.S. Supreme Court victory in Chevron v. NRDC, the most-cited U.S. administrative law case.
- Representing multiple clients, led the all-industry Clean Air Working Group legal committee throughout comprehensive federal Clean Air Act amendments.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1973
- B.S., University of Washington, Seattle, 1970
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$$