Michael D. Beauvais, co-chair of the life sciences group and a partner of the firm’s health care group, has over 18 years of experience representing clients in the medical device, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, health care services and digital health industries. His transactional experience spans a broad range of mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, divestitures, collaborations, joint ventures and affiliations.
Michael also regularly counsels private equity firms, financial sponsors and other strategic investors in the life sciences and health care industries on matters pertaining to their investments, including assessing and remediating a target company’s compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements in matters related to licensing, data privacy and security, corporate practice of medicine, fraud and abuse, and Stark.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 1999; Student Editor-in-Chief of The Tax Lawyer , the American Bar Association’s official journal on taxation
- BA, cum laude, College of the Holy Cross, 1996
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
MEMBERSHIP & AFFILIATIONS :
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Boston Bar Association
PROFESSIONAL & CIVIC ACTIVITIES : Michael regularly contributes to a variety of publications and conferences on current trends in the life sciences industry, securities, HIT, general corporate and healthcare regulatory matters, and have also been a faculty member of CLE programs on these topics.
Michael is also a member of the Boston Bar Association’s Health Law section, where he currently serves as the Co-chair of the Social Action Committee and is a member of the Steering Committee.
- Representation of a global leading alternative investment firm in a series of transactions, including:
- its $55 million Series D financing and investment round for a German biopharmaceutical company.
- its $70 million convertible preferred PIPE investment in a leading developer of investigational ribonucleic acid interference (RNAi) therapeutics.
- its $830 million acquisition of a controlling stake in a South Korean pharmaceutical company.
- Representation of a private equity firm in its $450 million acquisition of a clinical services and clinical technology solutions provider for various clinical trials.
- Representation of a public biotechnology company in the divestiture of multiple divisions, including genetic testing, laboratory, and diagnostics.
- Representation of a public healthcare services company in connection with the acquisition and divesture of multiple independent living and skilled nursing facilities.
- Representation of the largest private dental practice management company in the United States in the sale of a controlling interest to a private equity firm.
- Representation of Oxford Immunotec Global PLC (UK) in its initial public offering on a U.S. exchange.
Rate : $$$