As a senior associate in the Firm’s Energy & Natural Resources group, Michael H. Bernick’s primary clients are major exploration and production (E&P) companies, pipeline companies, oil field services companies, and creditors/lenders in the oil and gas space.
He also represents banks, financial institutions, and credit unions in disputes with debtors, co-creditors, and consumers. Cases for his banking clients arose from alleged fraudulent transfers, breaches of intercreditor agreements, promissory notes, and guaranties, and breaches of fiduciary duty.
Michael has trial experience in state and federal courts in Texas. He regularly appears in Texas courts and in different arbitration forums (AAA, CPR, and JAMS). His post-judgment collection efforts have recovered millions of dollars for his clients.
As part of his pro bono contributions, Michael assists non-profit arts groups with permitting and regulatory issues. He has also assisted individuals with civil rights issues through Lambda Legal.
- Baylor University School of Law, J.D.
- Texas Christian University, B.B.A., Accounting, cum laude
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Texas
- Texas State Court
Professional Affiliations :
- United Way of Greater Houston—Young Leaders
- TCU Neeley Alumni Executive Board – Co-chair of Houston Committee
- Greater Houston Partnership
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
Rate : $$$