As a certified public accountant and lawyer, Michael S. Bookbinder is a seasoned tax professional. Michael represents clients in various federal, state and international tax matters, including entity selection; domestic and foreign mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; partnership taxation; real estate taxation; restructurings and workouts; deferred compensation arrangements; tax controversy; and the taxation of tax-exempt entities.
Michael has spent his career working in the mergers and acquisitions and partnership tax groups of the Big Four accounting firms and as a member of the tax group of a regional law firm.
Most recently, he served as general counsel and vice president of corporate development at Atlantic Capes Fisheries, Inc. Prior to his practice of law, Michael was an auditor at KPMG Peat Marwick LLP.
- Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M., with distinction, 1994)
- Widener University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1993)
- Drexel University (B.S., with honors, 1988)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
BAR ADMISSIONS : Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$$