Michael Byun is a member of Akin Gump’s financial restructuring practice group. Mr. Byun received his J.D. cum laude from the University of Michigan Law School and his B.A. from the University of Illinois. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Byun served as a law clerk to the Honorable Eugene R. Wedoff of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the Honorable Stuart M. Bernstein of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Mr. Byun’s recent engagements include advising:
- the first lien creditors of Avaya Inc.
- the noteholders and new money investors of Seadrill Limited
- the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Cumulus Media, Inc.
- J.D., University of Michigan Law School,cum laude, 2013
- B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, magna cum laude, 2009
- U.S.B.C., Southern District of New York
- U.S.B.C., Northern District of Illinois
Bar Admissions : New York
Rate : $$$