Michael Egan advises clients across various industries, including global online businesses, pharmaceutical companies, healthcare providers, manufacturers, financial institutions, sourcing providers, retail companies, and other organizations regarding the legal aspects of global privacy and data protection, data security, information technology, and related restrictions on data collection and transfer.
He focuses on these issues in the context of: global company operations and applications, including websites, mobile and e-commerce applications; data security breach and incident response; transactions; litigation; internal investigations; and government inquiries.
He has represented companies before numerous government authorities, including the US Federal Trade Commission, the US Department of Justice and the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Mr. Egan’s practice covers privacy and information management with an emphasis on regulatory and transactional issues such as consumer protection, data security and breach notification obligations, email and telemarketing, cross-border data flows, e-monitoring, e-discovery procedures, sourcing, social media, and other privacy-related issues.
- Boston College (J.D.) (2007)
- Georgetown University (B.A. Economics cum laude) (2004)
- Georgetown University (European Studies) (2004)
Admissions : Massachusetts~United States (2007)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Federal and State Data Security Law Compliance – Advised clients regarding compliance with US Federal and US state data security and breach notification laws.
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act/Computer Fraud and Abuse Act – Counseled companies involved in internet and computer security issues involving the ECPA and CFAA.
- Corporate Information Security Policies – Drafted corporate policies pertaining to the safeguarding and security of corporate data and responding to data security incidents.
Rate : $$$$