Michael Hardy is a partner in Duane Morris’ Corporate Practice Group and splits his time between the firm’s Baltimore and Washington, D.C. offices. Mike represents clients in connection with complex mergers and acquisitions, financings and other strategic transactions domestically and internationally.
He has extensive experience advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in a broad range of industries. Mike’s private equity clients include growth equity funds, large institutional investors, private credit and special situations funds, independent sponsors, family offices, SBIC funds and other nonbank lenders. Mike also regularly advises regulated financial institutions and borrowers regarding lending transactions.
In addition to his private equity experience, Mike has a broad-based multidiscplinary practice providing outside general counsel to growth companies. He advises management teams and boards of directors regarding regarding business and tax strategy, corporate governance and matters relating to business operations.
Mike’s corporate clients include companies in the technology, financial services, consumer products, telecommunications, education, real estate, healthcare and life sciences industries. Within the technology industry, Mike has subtantial experience with tech-enabled services, financial technology, cybersecurity, data analytics and education technology companies.
- Represented a large multinational institutional investor as lead investor in connection with an $80 million preferred equity investment in a property management software company.
- Represented a single family office as lead investor in connection with a $23 million preferred equity investment in an immunotherapy biotechnology company.
- Advised a middle market private equity fund in connection with the sale of its portfolio company, an international payment and transaction processing services business, for approximately $257 million.
- Represented a multimedia entertainment company in connection with its recapitalization and issuance of $300 million of preferred stock to a private equity firm.
- Represented a private equity fund in connection with the sale of its interests in a healthcare technology portfolio company to affiliates of Kleiner Perkins for more than $35 million.
- Represented a Fortune Global 100 chemical company in connection with its multimillion dollar cross-border acquisition of a nanomaterials company.
- Advised a closely-held B2B assessment and training services company in connection with its sale to a leading environment, health and safety solutions company ownded by CVC Growth Partners.
- Represented an e-commerce company in connection with the sale of its intellectual property portfolio to Google, Inc.
- Represented a telecommunications services company in connection with a senior secured syndicated ABL credit facility consisting of revolving and term loans from several large international banks and a subordinated term loan from private investors.
- Represented an SBIC mezzanine lending fund in connection with its investment in a manufacturing company through subordinated debt and equity securities.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- Towson University, B.S., Economics and Political Science
- District of Columbia
- Association for Corporate Growth, Maryland Chapter
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
Rate : $$$