Michael McCutcheon regularly represents US and international entities in complex commercial litigation and arbitration matters. Michael has contributed articles to Law360, the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education on advanced trial practice, Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel’s Quarterly, Defense Research Institute’s For the Defense and In-House Defense Quarterly, and the Loyola Consumer Law Review.
He is also an active participant in the Firm’s pro bono program and was the inaugural recipient of the Firm’s “Award of Excellence” for pro bono and public service.
Michael focuses on diverse matters involving international commercial litigation and arbitration, with emphasis on the financial, private equity, manufacturing and consumer goods industries. He is particularly experienced in the defense of class action lawsuits and has published on the topic extensively throughout his career.
He also advises on litigation prevention, risk management as well as regulatory compliance matters arising under a broad range of federal and state privacy, consumer, and health and safety statutes. Michael has extensive trial and appellate experience, and has been recognized by his peers in the areas of class action and mass tort litigation.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D.) (2001)
- University of Illinois (B.S. Economics) (1998)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit~United States (2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit~United States (2015)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit~United States (2015)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit~United States (2011)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois – Trial Bar Member
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section – Member
- Seventh Circuit Bar Association – Member
- Defense Research Institute – Member
Rate : $$$