Michael Phillips represents domestic and international clients in securities, mergers and acquisitions, general corporate and business law in the life sciences, outdoor recreation, and high tech industries. He assists clients in private offerings, formation of joint ventures, and ongoing compliance with state and federal securities laws.
Michael also provides corporate governance and business advice to boards of directors and executive officers. He has authored articles on federal and Oregon securities laws, Oregon corporations, and general business issues.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Director, Soul River Inc., 2017-present
- Board Member, Portland Business Alliance, 2013-present
- General Counsel, 1% for the Planet, 2013-present
- Director, Social Venture Partners, 2013-2016
- General Counsel, The Conservation Alliance, 2011-present
- Member, Outdoor Industry Association, 2011-present
- Mergers & Acquisitions Committee; Securities Regulation Committee – American Bar Association, 2008-present
- General Counsel, 1995-present; Director, 2008-2014 – Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Oregon & Southwest Washington Affiliate
- Director, 2003-2011; Chairman of the Board, 2008-2009 – Software Association of Oregon
- Director and Past President, Portland’5 Centers for the Arts Foundation, 2005-2016
- J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, 1982
- B.A., Economics, Political Science, University of Michigan, 1978, cum laude
Rate : $$$$