Michael J. Cappo and his team use real-time analytics, alternative fee arrangements and sophisticated case assessments to help in-house counsel achieve better legal outcomes. Using Coefficient Litigation Management—a data-driven, efficient approach to complex litigation—Mike creates and executes innovative legal strategy to help his clients cleanly resolve individual cases and entire national litigation portfolios.
Mike’s nationwide practice includes defending clients sued for product liability, tort, negligence, consumer protection, fraud, business litigation, automotive liability, premises liability, arbitration, and contracts cases.
He represents product manufacturers and service providers across many industries, including the security alarm, fire suppression, construction, chemical, vehicle sales, water products, food service and battery industries.
Additionally, Mike is an avid traveler and outdoorsman. He has hiked and climbed extensively in Patagonia, South America, summited Mt. Kilimanjaro and recently swam with blue whales in Sri Lanka.
Mike has also worked with Friends of the Congo, a Washington, D.C., nonprofit dedicated to bringing about peaceful and lasting change in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. He is also the founder of the Chess and Boxing Society at the University of Kansas School of Law.
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 2013
- Clerk for The Hon. Janice M. Karlin, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Kansas
- Kansas Law Review, staff member
- Legal Aid Clinic
- B.A., magna cum laude, The George Washington University, 2008 (Political Science)
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Lawyers Association of Kansas City
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ambassador, Young Friends of Art – Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
- Friends of the Congo, Washington, D.C.
Rate : $$$$