Michael Carrigan represents companies and individuals involved in complex business disputes regarding government investigations, insurance coverage, and contracts. Michael leads the firm’s Insurance and Coverage group and has significant experience in litigating coverage disputes on behalf of policyholders.
He is also a lead partner in the firm’s government investigations group, focusing on both federal and state investigations.
A former Senior Deputy District Attorney, Michael has tried over one hundred cases to judge and jury, and has litigated cases in the Colorado Court of Appeals, the Colorado Supreme Court, the United States District Court for the District of Colorado, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, as well as several other courts in the United States.
Michael has represented a number of corporate clients through investigations, settlements and litigation with the Federal Trade Commission and various state regulators.
As part of his dedication to community service, Michael served twelve years as a publicly-elected member of the University of Colorado Board of Regents. In 2012 and 2013, his colleagues elected him chair of the Board of Regents, which oversees the $3.8 billion University of Colorado, the third largest employer in the state of Colorado.
Michael has been interviewed on higher education issues by CNN, Fox News, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, and other media outlets. In September 2014, Denver Mayor Michael Hancock appointed Michael to the city’s Crime Prevention and Control Commission.
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D., 1994
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1990
Bar Admissions : Colorado
Professional and Civic Affiliations:
- The National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s Hanley Advanced Trial Program, the National College of District Attorneys’ Career Prosecutor Course, and the Colorado Institute of Leadership Training, Graduate
- Completed a six-week intensive Spanish review course at the Maryknoll Language Institute in Cochabamba, Bolivia
- American Bar Association, Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member
Rate : $$$$