Michael Caughey’s practice focuses on business transactions particularly within the payment systems and technology industries. Michael represents a range of major credit card issuers in connection with program agreements relating to co-branded and private label credit cards, portfolio sale transactions, processing agreements, mobile wallet, and other technology endeavors.
He also represents a range of technology firms from startups to Fortune 500 technology companies, primarily in connection with corporate financing and M&A transactions. In addition, he has extensive experience with joint ventures, credit agreements, note financings, technology licenses, and commercial contracts.
- Represents multiple U.S. credit card issuers in connection with co-branded card agreements with airline, big box and specialty retailers and related affinity/loyalty programs and private label credit card programs; represents processors and acquirers in connection with transaction processing agreements. (Ongoing)
- Representing various U.S. retailers and credit card issuers in connection with the sale of fixed and revolving accounts and related receivables. (Ongoing)
- Represented Microsoft in the acquisition of MarketingPilot Software, LLC, maker of automated marketing campaign software. (2012)
- Represented Microsoft in a health care IT joint venture with GE, creating Caradigm. (2012)
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2004
- B.A., Whitman College, 2001, with honors
Rate : $$$