Michael Chibib is a lawyer’s lawyer. He is focused on client service. He always has his client’s ultimate objective in mind and incorporates a flexible approach in achieving that objective. Michael Chibib, a Pillsbury Intellectual Property partner, is a skilled litigator and counselor consistently recognized by Best Lawyers for Litigation – Intellectual Property.
Based in Austin, Texas, Mike advises clients on all aspects of IP disputes. He litigates federal district court and ITC patent matters and handles inter partesreview proceedings involving semiconductors, telecommunications, electronics and software.
Mike has an active post-grant practice before the USPTO’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board and also provides IP portfolio and licensing counsel. A former general counsel at a publicly traded company in the alternative energy space, Mike is an electrical engineer.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Defended Starbucks Corp. in a five-patent multidistrict litigation relating to encryption technology.
- Represented Paradigm B.V. and its subsidiaries in defending a patent infringement claim regarding its oil and gas exploration software.
- Prosecuted patent infringement cases involving semiconductor circuits before the International Trade Commission on behalf of Freescale Semiconductor.
- Defended BMC in a multipatent infringement litigation involving mainframe capacity management software.
- Represented Versata Software in a patent litigation involving two patents relating to enterprise-wide goal management software (Versata Software Inc., et al. v. Callidus Software Inc.).
- Represented two separate defendants, BMC Software and Motive Inc., in patent litigation involving expert system software (Diagnostic Systems Corp. v. Symantec Corp. et al.).
- Represented defendant Biomedical Enterprises Inc. in patent infringement litigation involving medical device patents (InteliFUSE, Inc. v. Biomedical Enterprises Inc.).
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 1995
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, 1991
ADMISSIONS : Texas, Washington State.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$