Michael J. “Mick” Cochran serves as Dentons’ US Corporate practice group leader. Mick is highly experienced in the areas of private equity, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and distress transactions. His core practice involves representing buyers, sellers and financiers in their investing activities and financing needs.
He also acts as a strategic advisor to clients with respect to a variety of financial, business and legal issues. Mick’s transactional experience includes representing clients in regulated industries. Mick’s experience crosses a number of industries including life sciences and biotechnology, financial services, health care, industrial services, telecommunications, home furnishings, home textiles, and media.
He has served on the board of directors of companies in the telecommunications and multi-media industries (PTV Holdings and First Call Wireless), home furnishings (Lanscott-Arlen Fabrics) and industrial services (IMS Group). His clients range in size from early stage companies to large multi-national corporations.
Mick’s private equity and hedge fund practice focuses on fund formation, growth equity, management buyouts, recapitalizations and spinouts. Mick represents both companies and financial investors in the life sciences industry. His work includes M&A, collaboration agreements, joint ventures, licensing agreements, capital raising and supply agreements.
Mick also has experience in representing financial institutions, including commercial and investment banks in connection with debt and equity financings. He has particular experience representing non-bank lenders in their lending activities, including through the provision of subordinated capital and mezzanine financings.
Finally, Mick actively represents troubled companies and their capital providers in complex, distressed financial transactions. He also provides corporate advice to boards of directors and financial advisors in non-judicially supervised workouts.
- University of Chicago Law School, 1989, JD
- University of Washington, 1986, cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Admissions and qualifications:
- New York
- Caymus Equity Partners: Represented Caymus Equity Partners in its recent equity and debt investment in Alpha/AXS Holding Company, LLC, one of the largest distributors of medical imaging equipment in the US.
- Continental Home Loans: Represented the largest independent home mortgage originator in the state of New York, in connection with its sale to Freedom Mortgage Corporation.
- American Cyber Systems, Inc.: Represented American Cyber Systems, Inc. (“ACS”) in its successful public tender offer for Analysts International Corporation (AIC).
- Source Capital: Represented Source Capital in connection with its acquisitions of MSR Industrial and Sun & Skin Care Resources.
- SunTrust Bank (NYSE: STI): Represented SunTrust Bank (NYSE: STI) in connection with several senior debt financings.
- Armstrong Garden Centers: Represented Armstrong Garden Centers in the acquisition of certain retail assets of Pike Nursery Holdings pursuant to Section 363 of the Federal Bankruptcy Code.
- Multiple Private Equity Funds: Represented AMV Partners, Nancy Creek Capital and Williams Realty Advisors in the formation of private equity funds.
Community Involvement and Pro Bono:
- Vice Chairman, Board of Directors, First Step Staffing
- Outside General Counsel, Westside Future Fund
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Atlanta Venture Forum
- Georgia Bar Association
- Member Senior Advisory Board of ripKurrent
Rate : $$$