Michael R. Crowe draws on a strong background in state healthcare public policy while guiding clients through the complex regulatory and political landscape of healthcare law. He advises healthcare providers on administrative law, government investigations, mergers and acquisitions, governance and public policy. Mike’s clients include local governments and healthcare providers and professionals.
Mike has extensive experience with mergers and acquisitions in the home health space and can advise clients at every step of the process, from start to finish. Mike prepares transaction documents, runs due diligence, reviews regulatory compliance issues, assists with licensing, and updates Medicare and Medicaid enrollments.
But Mike’s favorite activity in his healthcare practice involves working to change state healthcare policy. His interest in combining law, politics and policy was ignited while serving as general counsel for the Texas Legislature, and he continues to hone his interest and maintain his involvement in policymaking for current clients.
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented private equity company in acquisition of dozens of senior living communities in Texas. Facilitated transaction in discussions with state officials. Advised on and prepared documentation necessary for change of ownership, including disclosures.
- Advised dozens of other home health agencies, assisted living communities, skilled nursing facilities and durable medical equipment companies on acquisitions.
- Advised client on entrance into federally facilitated healthcare exchange for Texas under the Affordable Care Act.
- Represented healthcare providers in federal and state investigations and sanctions associated with regulatory deficiencies, conditions of participation, Medicare and Medicaid enrollment, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, false claims, anti-kickback and the Stark Law.
- Sued Texas officials and agencies on behalf of Medicaid providers, recipients and local governments to secure benefits.
- Represented Texas-based hospital districts on most legal issues, including governance and government, management, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement issues and physician contracting.
- Helped district in contested termination of management agreement reacquire oversight of its community hospital.
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Texas, Health Law Section, Administrative Law Section
- Texas Health Care Association
Rate : $$$