Michael Lessne is a commercial litigator and bankruptcy and creditors’ rights and restructuring attorney. Mr. Lessne is also a CPA licensed in Florida. Mr. Lessne provides counsel to businesses and individuals in a broad array of restructuring and insolvency matters, in complex business and consumer bankruptcy matters, state court assignments, as well as in state and federal court proceedings involving business disputes and complex litigation.
He has experience representing bankruptcy trustees and other parties in a variety of matters, including in healthcare cases, cases involving Ponzi schemes and fraud, retail cases, avoidance actions , and dischargeability matters (including with respect to taxes).
Mr. Lessne also has experience in the areas of accounting and individual and corporate taxation, having interned at a prominent forensic accounting firm for a bankruptcy trustee, at a national tax firm, and at an international accounting firm.
- University of Miami School of Law, JD (2009)
- University of Florida, MAcc, Accounting (2006)
- University of Florida, BS, Accounting (2006)
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Represented national banks and other secured creditors, as well as unsecured creditors, in business and consumer bankruptcy proceedings, advancing their rights and defending against claims brought by debtors and trustees.
- Represented an examiner and a liquidating trustee in a $24 million bankruptcy case pending in the Middle District of Florida.
- Represented trustees appointed over Ponzi scheme debtors.
- Represented trustees prosecuting avoidance actions and defendants who have been targeted.
- Represented potential and actual defendants who have been targeted by trustees in two cases involving clinical laboratories.
Previous Professional Experience:
- Attorney, GrayRobinson, PA (2009-2017)
- Intern, Honorable Robert A. Mark, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida (2009)
- Intern, Kapila & Company, Fort Lauderdale (2009)
- Intern, WTAS now known as Andersen Tax, West Palm Beach (2008)
Rate : $$$