Michael Saarinen is a partner with Alston & Bird’s Investment Management, Trading & Markets Team. Michael represents a diverse group of fund sponsors, from small, closely held startup businesses to global financial institutions.
He advises on the formation and operation of a wide range of fund products, including traditional private equity buyout funds, hedge funds, venture capital funds, real estate funds, credit funds, and customized investment vehicles such as single-investor funds, managed accounts, single-asset funds, and hybrid funds.
Michael also counsels clients on regulatory and compliance issues, examination and enforcement matters, compensation arrangements, strategic management company M&A transactions, succession planning, and governance.
Bar Admissions : New York
- Harvard University (J.D., 2003)
- Columbia University (B.A., 2000)
- New York State Bar Association, Securities Regulation Committee, Private Investment Funds Subcommittee
- Managed Funds Association Outside Counsel Forum
- New York Hedge Fund Roundtable
- Connecticut Hedge Fund Association
Rate : $$$$