Michael Sloan is a litigator with experience in appeals, trials, dispositive motions, and federal multidistrict litigation. Michael has argued appeals before the Florida Supreme Court, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and Florida’s Second and Fourth District Courts of Appeal.
Michael has first-chair jury trial experience in federal court, and has argued in Florida and New York state trial courts on discovery and jurisdictional matters. Michael also served as counsel for Takata Corporation and TK Holdings Inc. in the Takata Airbag multidistrict litigation in the Southern District of Florida.
Michael has state and federal court litigation experience in a number of areas, including products liability, constitutional law, real property, and health care. Michael also has significant experience in staying judgments pending appeal in state and federal court. Prior to joining the firm, Michael was a staff attorney for the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta.
- Boston University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2010)
- University of Oxford, Harris Manchester College (2010)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., 2006)
- Summer Associate , McDermott Will & Emery LLP, New York (2009)
- Research Assistant, Boston University School of Law, Boston (Summer 2008)
- Research Assistant, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, New York (July 2006-July 2007)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Member, Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Florida Bar
- Young Lawyer Section Member
- Appellate Practice Member
Rate : $$$