Michael Tucker is a shareholder in the Firm’s Birmingham office and practices corporate and health law. Though much of Mr. Tucker’s practice focuses on counseling health care providers and suppliers, on transactional and regulatory matters, he also provides general corporate advice to closely-held companies in industries including transportation, manufacturing, energy and insurance.
In the area of corporate law, Mr. Tucker’s experience includes advising clients on business entity formation and business planning, debt and equity investments, general contract matters, and acquisitions and divestitures of businesses and assets.
Mr. Tucker’s regulatory experience includes counseling health care companies on professional and facility licensure requirements, compliance matters and investigations, and the Federal Physician Self-Referral Law (Stark) and the Anti-Kickback Statute (fraud and abuse).
In addition, he prepares and advises on clinical research and licensing arrangements for early-stage life sciences companies, research centers, and a publicly-traded biotechnology company with products in various stages of development, including U.S. and ex-U.S. pivotal stages.
He also has experience representing pharmacies (including compounding pharmacies and radiopharmacies) in transactional and regulatory matters. An avid runner, Mr. Tucker can often be found on the roads and trails in and around Birmingham.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2008, magna cum laude
- Birmingham-Southern College, B.S., 2005, magna cum laude,Phi Beta Kappa
ADMISSIONS : Alabama, 2008
- Asset purchase, stock purchase and merger transactions ranging in value from $1 million to $25 million in industries including waste management, engineering, transportation and insurance.
- Debt and equity investments ranging in value from $500,000 to $7 million in industries including life sciences and energy.
- Corporate and health care regulatory advice for a NYSE-listed hospital-focused real estate investment trust on numerous transactions ranging in value from $25 million to $60 million.
- Assisted in the formation of early-stage companies in industries including life sciences, information technology and health care.
- Corporate and regulatory counsel for physicians, physician practices, medical supply distributorships and a physician practice management company.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Alabama State Bar
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$