Michael Hawthorne is a Member and Chair of the Washington D.C. Corporate Practice at Dickinson Wright. He is nationally recognized in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and securities law. Michael has extensive experience working on securities matters and helps his clients comply with related laws and regulations.
Michael assists public and private companies to successfully implement corporate structures that allow them to grow their business through capital formation, M&A, and joint venturing with potential business partners. He advises startups and companies preparing for a public or private offering, ensuring these companies are structured properly in all stages of their development.He has represented seed, venture, and private equity investment funds worth more than $6 billion.
He also regularly represents private investment firms seeking investment opportunities and companies raising capital. On either side of these transactions, he taps his extensive knowledge of complex securities and financial instruments to discover, document, and close deals that achieve, and frequently exceeds, his client’s goals. Michael has handled more than 50 private placements, more than 25 public offerings, and hundreds of M&A deals and has restructured numerous domestic and international companies.
- Denison University, B.S., 1984
- University of Wisconsin, J.D., 1987
- District of Columbia
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- Family Firm Institute, Member, 2014 DC Regional Advisory Committee
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Leadership Kentucky
- Mediation Association of Kentucky
- Leadership Greater Washington DC
- Chair of the Washington D.C. Corporate Practice
- Member of the Bank Insurance & Securities Association (BISA) Regulatory and Compliance Advisory Board (2014-Present)
Rate : $$$