Michael B. DeSanctis is a litigation partner with Munger, Tolles & Olson based in the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Mr. DeSanctis’ practice includes defending government investigations, leading jury and bench trials and arguing major appellate matters, including before the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. DeSanctis routinely represents leading companies in the field of media and entertainment, communications and aerospace, and national defense. He advises on a broad range of business disputes and arbitrations, both domestic and international, as well as enforcement and investigation matters.
One of the country’s leading experts in election law and redistricting, Mr. DeSanctis has represented elected officials, Congressional and state legislative delegations, campaigns, candidates and other political organizations in litigation, counseling and the development of strategic planning involving redistricting, election law and voting rights issues, and campaign finance.
Mr. DeSanctis joined Munger Tolles in 2016 to open the firm’s Washington, D.C. office. Mr. DeSanctis has been recognized in the Legal 500 U.S. for litigation and telecommunications.
- New York University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 1995)
- Boston College (B.A., summa cum laude, 1991)
- Judge Dolores K. Sloviter, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1997-1998
- Judge Mary Anne Trump Barry, U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1995-1997
Bar Admissions :
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
Rate : $$$$