A registered patent lawyer with mechanical and electrical experience, Michael K. Dixon represents a range of clients, including Fortune 500 companies, universities, start-up companies, and individuals to secure and defend their intellectual property rights.
He conducts freedom to operate analyses, prosecutes and procures patents, asserts and defends patents in the U.S. Patent Office Post Grant Proceedings and Federal Court, guides technology transfer transactions, conducts intellectual property due diligence in private equity and M&A, drafts opinions and evaluates asset management.
He also counsels clients on trademarks, trade secrets, confidentiality agreements, and copyrights. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Michael was listed as a named inventor on U.S. Patent 5,704,801. His experience as an inventor enables him to more effectively counsel clients and understand their situations.
As a lawyer, he has worked with clients to identify and assess patent infringement risks associated with introducing new products to the market. He has also worked with clients to procure patent protection by drafting and prosecuting applications for more than 500 patents in the United States and internationally.
Michael’s technology experience includes inventions such as medical devices, mechanical systems, turbine engines, marine industries, environmental remediation systems, building construction systems, water management systems, nuclear power generation systems, automotive systems, firearms, sporting goods, software systems, business methods, and Internet and software-related systems. Michael has managed intellectual property portfolios including more than 400 patents and trademarks for corporate clients.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2000, with honors, Florida Law Review, 1998-2000; University of Florida Journal of Technology Law on Policy, Articles & Assistant Production Editor
- B.S.A.E., University of Georgia, 1997, cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida; Georgia; U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, Patent Law Committee, Member
- Bio Florida 2012 Annual Conference, Co-Chairman of the Bio Business Track
- National Student Leadership Forum on Faith and Values, Washington, D.C. and the Dominican Republic, Facilitator
- Florida Student Leadership Forum on Faith and Values, Tallahassee, FL, Facilitator
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, Vestry Board Member, 2015-2018
- Leadership Palm Beach County, Class of 2006
- Leadership West Palm Beach, Class of 2004
- Mustard Seed Communities, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Zimbabwe, Fundraiser
- Florida Oceanographic Society, Former Young Friends Board Member
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Former Mentor
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- Ducks Unlimited-Wetlands Conservation, Former Area Chairman
Rate : $$$$