Mr. Michael E. Barney, a former principal, who has been with the firm since 1972, practices in the Real Estate Strategies and Trust & Estates Practice Groups, and is located in the firm’s Virginia Beach office.
His practice focuses on real estate acquisition and sale, including development, construction, management, leasing, brokerage, financing, lending, workout, environmental and land use.
He also has extensive experience in asset and wealth planning, in addition to estate and trusts administration. Mr. Barney has had a Virginia real estate agents license since 1978.
- University of Virginia; B.A., 1969
- University of Richmond School of Law; J.D., 1972
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers; Fellow, April 1989-present
- Virginia State Bar; Real Property Section; Board of Governors, 1982–1988; Chairman, 1988-1997; Area Representative, 1988–present; Trusts and Estate Section
- Virginia Bar Association; Real Estate Section; Council, 1994–2000; Wills, Trust and Estates Section
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
Rate : $$$