Michael Streich assists clients in all phases of litigation in both state and federal trial courts and at arbitration proceedings. His experience includes contract disputes, vessel collisions and allisions, limitations of liability, on- and offshore personal injury and death, air and sea cargo claims, maritime attachment and garnishment, commercial transactions and disputes, railroad-related incidents and other general litigation matters.
In addition to his litigation experience, Mr. Streich also spent time as in-house legal counsel to an international oilfield services company that focuses on subsea construction, heavy lifts and related offshore services.
In this capacity, he gained significant experience advising on domestic, marine and cargo insurance, charter parties, a variety of on- and offshore contracts and service agreements, and other internal corporate affairs. He also provided advice to operational units on Jones Act cabotage regulations and manning requirements.
- University of Houston Law Center
- J.D., cum laude, 2011; Articles Editor, Houston Journal of International Law
- University of Texas at Austin
- B.A. in Government, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- State Bar of Texas
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- Silver Spurs Alumni Association
- Assisted in the defense of a Norwegian marine seismic survey company accused of patent infringement during a four-week jury trial.
- Represented a carrier in a New York S.M.A. arbitration proceeding against allegations of liquid cargo contamination.
- Defended a telecommunications company in AAA arbitration and in state court proceedings related to a contract dispute with a captive insurance consultant and related law firm.
- Representation of an engineer and operator facing parallel lawsuits filed in multiple Texas counties arising out of the alleged breach of a Joint Operating Agreement.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims brought by a shipper against an intermediate charterer pursuant to a forum selection clause contained in the associated bills of lading.
Rate : $$$