Michael P. Earley, who co-chairs Jones Day’s global Private Equity Practice, is a corporate lawyer with a broad transactional and advisory practice focused on private equity and venture capital transactions.
He represents a variety of private equity and real estate funds regarding their formation and governance, including counseling the firms on their internal economic arrangements and compensation matters.
He also has experience representing institutional investors, including university endowments and global sovereign investors, in connection with not only their investments in private equity funds, but also their direct investment opportunities. A significant portion of his practice involves international funds and cross-border transactions.
Michael also advises issuers and investors in the formation and financing of private and emerging growth companies in sectors such as transportation and distribution, life sciences, and information services.
His work with these private companies includes not only financing transactions, but also counseling them on mergers and acquisitions, strategic relationships, corporate governance, and other general corporate matters.
Some of the clients Michael has recently worked with include AquaBounty Technologies, Baird Capital, Baxalta Ventures, Baxter Ventures, Contrarian Capital, Counsel Capital, Meyer Bergman, Resolution Real Estate, The Riverside Company, TriGate Capital, and Whitman Peterson Partners.
In addition to his legal practice, Michael serves on the board of the Daniel Murphy Scholarship Fund, the auxiliary board of the Chicago Children’s Museum, and the Evans Scholars Foundation Leadership Council.
- University of Notre Dame (J.D. cum laude 2003; B.A.1997)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Illinois
- Baird Capital sells interest in Radius to Vistra
- Koch Disruptive Technologies leads $150 million investment in INSIGHTEC
- Greystar Growth and Income Fund forms open ended core plus fund and acquires Monogram for approximately $4.4 billion
- Shore Capital Partners portfolio company acquires TheraBond® family of products from Alliqua BioMedical
- AquaBounty completes purchase of Bell Fish Company’s aquatic biomass farming facility
- Shore Capital Partners portfolio company acquires vertebroplasty family of products from Cook Medical
- Digital Bridge in consortium with PSP Investments and TIAA Investments acquires Vantage Data Centers
- TriGate Capital forms TriGate Property Partners Fund III.
Rate : $$$