Michael Fernhoff is a partner in the Tax Department. Mike has substantial experience in all aspects of federal, state and local income tax planning for complex corporate and real estate transactions, including : mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and joint ventures, real estate.
Mike has significant experience structuring and implementing international as well as domestic business transactions.
Mike has been recognized by both Chambers USA and Legal 500, who note his sophisticated transactional work, as well as comprehensive income tax planning from federal to local levels and his work on international structuring matters.
Additionally, Mike was recognized by Best Lawyers as the 2012 Tax Lawyer of the Year in Los Angeles, an honor bestowed on only one tax lawyer a year.
- New York University, LL.M., 1979, Taxation
- University of California, Los Angeles, J.D., 1978
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.B.A., 1975, Accounting & Finance
Admissions & Qualifications : California
- USC Tax Institute (Executive Committee of the Planning Committee)
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Tax Section, International Law Section)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (Tax Section, International Law Section)
- State Bar of California
Rate : $$$